How To Submit Campuswide Announcements to the Portal (MyCalPoly)
MyCalPoly is an intranet system for Cal Poly students, faculty and staff. The MyCalPoly Campuswide Announcements section is intended to offer brief and timely information about campus policies, academic and financial aid deadlines, academic workshops, and other items of interest to the entire campus community.
Submission Guidelines for the Campuswide Announcements Section:
Announcements submitted will be given preference for posting by the University Communications Office based on the following descending order of importance:
- Messages from departments, divisions or offices critical to the entire campus community (emergency messages, urgent deadlines, etc.)
- Messages applicable to a majority of campus constituencies
- Messages applicable to a majority of a specific campus constituency
ONLY campus groups, entities and campus community members (students, faculty and staff) may submit items to the MyCalPoly Campuswide Announcements section.
NO announcements from off-campus groups or entities will be considered.
Announcements should be submitted to University Communications one week prior to the requested post date at firstname.lastname@example.org. Exceptions to this deadline will be made at the discretion of University Communications.
Departments and organizations wishing to publicize items of interest to an off-campus audience should send information to email@example.com for a possible news release and placement on the Cal Poly News web site and public Events and Entertainment calendar.
Announcement submissions to MyCalPoly should include:
- Suggested headline
- Abstract (subhed) of 150 CHARACTERS maximum. This text will appear immediately below the headline.
- URL link to additional information -- INCLUDE http://
- Announcement (body) text of 150 WORDS MAXIMUM, with information on WHAT, WHY, WHEN (date and time), WHERE (building and room number), WHO is involved or sponsoring, and CONTACT (name, telephone, e-mail) for more information.
- Requested start date
- Requested stop date (announcements may run for seven days maximum)
- University Communications may edit submissions for brevity.
Headline: CalFresh Offers Students Free Money for Groceries
Abstract: Are you struggling to attend college and buy food? Visit the Health Center Monday/Friday to see if CalFresh can help get the food you need!
Displaying until October 9, 2018 11:59 PM
See also: https://phnrg.calpoly.edu/calfreshoutreach
Body text: CalFresh is a nutrition assistance program that can help students with some of their grocery expenses. Stop by the lower level of the Health Center to see if you are eligible. Drop-in hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays and 1 to 4 p.m. on Friday. Questions? Email CalFreshHelp805@gmail.com.